Accessibility for EchoStar Products
There’s a way for everyone to get the most out of our products.
EchoStar is committed to enhancing the customer experience for all users, including people with disabilities. In compliance with the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA), EchoStar’s consumer electronic products manufactured beginning December 20, 2016 are equipped with accessibility features for people with vision and hearing impairments.
The following EchoStar-developed products includes helpful accessibility features (described below):
- Text to Speech – Customers can use the Text to Speech feature to hear on-screen menus and text read aloud from an audible speech track.
- Magnification – Customers can use the Magnification feature to double the size of all on-screen menus and text (a 200% enlargement), making for easier reading without using an audio aid.
- Audio Description – Customers can use the Audio Description feature (also known as “Video Description”) to switch between a program’s main audio track and, when available from the programmer, a descriptive audio track that explains what’s happening on-screen during natural pauses in the audio. When available, this descriptive audio track will also broadcast emergency information.
- Closed Captioning – Customers can easily access and use the Closed Captioning feature to configure closed-caption display options and view customizable closed captioning during programs they watch.
- Bluetooth Audio – Customers can use the Bluetooth Audio feature to enhance listening capabilities with their compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as hearing aids, wireless headsets, headphones, lanyards, or speakers.
Accessibility Contact Information
For questions regarding accessibility with EchoStar products, please email email@example.com.